2 ½ C flour
1 1/4 t baking powder
1 t soda
1 1/4 t cinnamon
½ t nutmeg
1/8 t cloves
½ t salt
1 ½ C white sugar
½ C brown sugar
1 ½ C vegetable oil
500g grated carrots
- Put oven rack in middle position, preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly oil a Bundt pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Mix with an electric beater the eggs and sugars together in a large bowl, until frothy and sugar dissolves. Slowly add oil, while beating, until the mixture is emulsified.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until nearly no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the carrots to finish the mixing.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs attached approx 40-55 minutes—the timing really depends on your pan. Start checking after 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack. Remove from pan and frost if desired.
Cream cheese frosting
200 g Philadelphia cream cheese
60 g butter, at room temp
1 T sour cream
½ t vanilla extract
1 ¼ c powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients except sugar. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Keep in refrigerator until time to frost the cake.